High Country Writing and Painting

 

Ike and my husband and I, are in Colorado this winter, writing and skiing.  We have been coming here since 1979, and are now able to work remotely as well as concentrate on finishing the Lessons of a Border Collie series.  I have chosen this uninterrupted time to complete this third children's book on worship and Ike and my Border Collie.  There is much to be said for being in the mountains, trying to concentrate way above the noise below.  Even though physically, I am above the fray, it reminds me of how I am meant to live above the noise and circumstances that way me down, changes in responsibilities, and the changes in direction from outside my control.  I need to view life from a heavenly perspective, through the eyes of faith, trying to discern whether to work to change the situation or simply accept it." Jesus Always 2/5  "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior."  Habakkuk 3:17-18

The mountains also remind me of..."though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing Love for you will not be shaken." Isaiah 54:10  Every day, a new disaster occurs in the world.  If I didn't believe in someone higher than me that is control, I don't think that I would want to get up in the morning.  Thankfully, no matter what I do, or where I am, or what happens in the world, I know without a doubt that God loves me.

Comments

Popular Posts